March 26, 2009

Dealing with Friends Kids & “I am Pregnant” News!

A lot of our friends have been getting pregnant or have had kids recently. Generally speaking, I have been fine being around kids and friends who have kids. I absolutely adore kids and am ever ready to play with them! I love socializing and enjoy going to baby showers, birthday party etc. Things only get uncomfortable when I am completely surrounded by mothers only (where discussion revolves just around pregnancies, motherhood and their children). I also seem to get frustrated when I see parents who are highly irresponsible towards their parenthood role… I seem to start asking “Why Me?”

I have realized that I get disheartened when I hear about close friends getting pregnant. I feel frustrated and out of control (I am not jealous). It has already been a yr since I started this process… and I don’t know how long this journey is going to be! I am hoping for a miracle! Though, I have been getting very happy, excited and hopeful about hearing from friends and acquaintances that have gotten pregnant after having health/fertility issues! It’s a big morale booster!

Recently, I learned that one of my close friends baby girl has Down Syndrome! I was devastated to hear that! Going through the treatment makes you feel out of control and helpless… though situation like her make you realize how unpredictable life is and you have to make the best of what you have! I have always believed in the quote “It is in your moments of decision that your destiny is shaped -Anthony Robbins”, though my recent experiences make me want to believe that destiny supersedes decisions!

No comments:

Post a Comment